Saturday 14 January 2012

The Christian Faith: Michael Horton


So I'm about to begin reading the above. It's a 1003 page systematic theology, if you include the glossary at the back! So a big read, but one worth taking. I suspect I'll be reading it slowly. The last theology book I read took me about 7 years in total to finish, so my book review may be in 2020 if God keeps me here on Earth until then! 

On the issue of regular reading, my wife's dad told me some good advice for pastors that someone had told him many years before. The advice was something like this: 

"You will notice in your own sermon preparation if you haven't read for a week; your congregation will notice in a month's time. So keep reading."    

Not sure if he was referring to bible reading alone, but in any event, wise advice. So keep reading, dear pastors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment